Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson 'are back together' 17 years after divorce amid claims they are thinking of marriage
- The Duke and Duchess of York have remained close since their split in 1996
- Pair both live on the grounds of the Royal Lodge in Berkshire
- Friends of the couple say 'it's only a matter of time' before they get married
- Revelation comes after Fergie joined her ex-husband on a trip to Balmoral
By Suzannah Hills
PUBLISHED: 03:40 EST, 25 August 2013 | UPDATED: 05:40 EST, 25 August 2013
The Duke and Duchess of York have found love again after rekindling their romance seventeen years after they divorced.
Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson, both 53, have remained close since their split in 1996, even living together at the former country home of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother at the Royal Lodge in Berkshire.
And now friends of the pair claim they are officially a couple again and may even get married for the second time in the near future.
Together again: Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson, pictured in 1995 shortly before their divorce, are said to have rekindled their romance
One friend told the Sunday Telegraph: 'Mark my words, they will remarry. It is only a matter of time.'
Another added: 'It wouldn’t surprise me at all. They are a wonderful couple together and, better still, pretty amazing parents.'
The revelation comes after Fergie joined her former husband on a trip to Balmoral earlier this month.
It is believed to be the first time she has invited to stay in the main castle on the Queen's estate since a tabloid newspaper published photographs of her having her toes sucked by her 'financial adviser' John Bryan in 1992.
Royal ride: Fergie was driven to the airport by her former husband Prince Andrew while her daughters Beatrice and Eugenie travelled in the back seat ahead of a family visit to Balmoral
Back in the fold: The once disgraced Duchess of York flew to Balmoral to spend the weekend with the Queen
Fergie was joined by Andrew, and daughters Beatrice and Eugenie on the private jet
The Queen has long been said to have remained fond of her former daughter-in-law, but Prince Philip is said to be baffled by Fergie and Prince Andrew's relationship
While she has still visited Balmoral since her divorce, it is thought to be the first time she has been invited to stay in the main castle on the Queen's estate since her marriage ended in 1996
The Duke and Duchess were joined by their daughters Beatrice, 25, and her sister, Princess Eugenie, 23, to spend the weekend with the Queen.
At the time of the visit at the beginning of this month a source told the Sunday Express it was 'just like old times'.
They added: 'The Duchess is being treated as if she and the Duke were still married.'
The Queen has long been said to have remained fond of her former daughter-in-law. The Queen is said to think of her as a 'good mother'.
Civil: Sarah Ferguson, pictured with her two daughters Beatrice and Eugenie on holiday in St Tropez, France, separated from Prince Andrew in 1992 but they remained on good terms
Family: Prince Andrew and his former wife Sarah Ferguson pose with their daughter Beatrice following her graduation ceremony at Goldsmiths College in London in 2011
Talking point: The Duke and Duchess of York, pictured together in London in 2000, have both previously spoken about getting married again
But Prince Philip is said to be baffled by Fergie and Prince Andrew's relationship. The couple, who still live together, separated in 1992 but remained on good terms and brought up their daughters together.
It has been claimed that Prince Philip has never forgiven the Duchess for the embarrassment she caused the Royal Family during the 90s - during which time she embarked on an affair with a Texan oil tycoon while pregnant with her second child and was photographed having her toes sucked by her 'financial adviser'.
In 2010 she also was revealed to have tried to sell access to her former husband Prince Andrew for £500,000 to an undercover reporter as she tried desperately to pay off debts of £3million.
Joint effort: The Duchess of York, seen holding her second daughter Princess Eugenie in 1990, and Prince Andrew have raised their two daughters together
Close: The Queen, pictured next to Fergie at Princess Eugenie's christening at Sandringham in 1990, is said to remained fond of her daughter-in-law despite the scandals
Together again: Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson, pictured on their wedding day in 1986 at Westminster Abbey, have been living together at the Royal Lodge in Berkshire
Wedding bells: The Duke of York and Duchess of York, pictured on their wedding day in 1986, are said to be considering getting married for a second time
On good terms: Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson, pictured on their wedding day on the balcony at Buckingham Palace, have remained close since their divorce
It has been reported that Prince Andrew, then a Special Trade Ambassador, helped her out of financial difficulty.
This is not the first time it has been suggested the pair may get married again.
In 2000 Fergie said during an interview that she and her former husband had talked of remarrying but that Prince Philip would not allow it.
And in 2009, Prince Andrew said he did not rule out remarrying the Duchess.
'Do we have to be married?' he asked. 'Well, let’s put it another way, I can neither confirm nor deny the possibility. We have two great children. We still look after them.'
Out hunting: Prince Edward and Princess Anne pictured with Commander Tim Lawrence on their way to The grouse Shoot near Balmoral today
Royal day out: Members of the royal family at a grouse shoot. Red grouse are unique to the uplands of Britain and are closely associated with heather moorland
On route: Prince Philip also attended the event near Balmoral where he is staying with the Queen
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
New Yorker accused of calling her predecessor 'fat as s***' wins Miss America as injured Miss Florida and tattooed Army sergeant from Kansas are defeated
By Ashley Collman, David Mccormack and Associated Press Reporter PUBLISHED: 23:22 EST, 15 September 2013 | UPDATED: 23:38 EST, 15 September 2013 0 View comments The Miss America pageant ...
- Paul Walker's best friend and ex Aubrianna Atwell 'devastated' by death
- Cute schoolgirl signs Christmas songs as kindergarten class sings so her deaf parents can enjoy the show
- Hallucinogenic drug used in Shamanic ceremonies sweeping the country and users say the 'journey' is far stronger than magic mushrooms, LSD and ketamine
- Nude pictures of high school girls posted to porn site investigated by Pennsylvania police
- Davion Only spends time with potential adoptive family for Christmas
- Kim Jong Un's uncle Jang Song Thaek executed in North Korea as a 'traitor'
- Why you should always stand waiting well away from a broken down car on a highway hard shoulder
- Jenni Van Winkle, wife of man killed in bust-up in Kansas City Chiefs' parking lot is 'Living a Nightmare'
- Prince Harry relaxes with his team during South Pole trek
- Homeland Security worker Ayo Kimathi outed, as black supremacist is finally gone
- Is Dorito dust the new salt? Success of Taco Bell mash-up has snack maker searching for more ways to use the cheesy powder
- Danish prime minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt defends Mandela memorial selfie
- Injured dog limps to find help for unconscious owner after they are hit by car
- Woman with stomach pain is found to have a 40-year-old FOETUS inside her