Eliot Spitzer 'dating Bill De Blasio's press secretary Liz Smith' and he's still married
- Lis Smith, 31, started dating Spitzer, 54, after she worked on his failed New York Comptroller bid this fall
- Spitzer is still married to Silda who stood by him as he admitted he used high-class prostitutes
- Miss Smith worked for De Blasio's general election campaign and is a frontrunner to be the mayor's spokeswoman
By Michael Zennie
PUBLISHED: 23:07 EST, 22 December 2013 | UPDATED: 08:11 EST, 23 December 2013
Disgraced former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer is reportedly dating a press secretary for Mayor-elect Bill De Blasio - and has been spotted having late-night liaisons at her Manhattan apartment.
Spitzer, 54, who is still married to wife Silda, has been pictured slipping into the home of 31-year-old Lis Smith, who recently worked on his failed bid for New York City Comptroller.
The former governor, who resigned in 2008 after admitting he had paid thousands of dollars for high-class prostitutes, was seen twice last week arriving at Smith's Soho apartment, taking her to a candle-lit dinner, then disappearing back upstairs.
Eliot Spitzer, left, has been seen at the apartment of Lis Smith late at night then leaving before dawn last week. She worked as Spitzer's campaign spokeswoman during his failed bid for New York City Comptroller
Silda Spitzer, who is still married to Eliot, stood by her husband's side as he admitted to using high-class prostitutes and resigned in 2008
The New York Post snapped pictures of Spitzer arriving around 10pm two nights in a row last week, then leaving before dawn.
On one occasion, the pair walked together from the apartment to a nearby restaurant, the cozy French bistro Le Pescadeux.
Spitzer and his wife Silda remain married five and a half years after the scandal that cratered his meteoric political career.
multiple reports indicate that he and Silda have been living apart and Mrs Spitzer was noticeably absent from the campaign trail this past year.
Spitzer and his alleged girlfriend Lis Smith were seen slipping into the romantic French bistro Le Pescadeux last week for a late-night dinner before heading back to her nearby apartment
Miss Smith joined De Blasio after Spitzer lost in the September primary. She has also served as the spokeswoman for the Mayor-elect during his transition.
The Daily News reports that Miss Smith is a frontrunner to become De Blasio's press secretary after he is formally sworn in.
In 2012, she led the 'rapid response team' on President Obama's reelection campaign.
Spitzer has repeatedly refused to comment on his personal life and says he is only staying at his parents' apartment because they are in poor health.
Ms Smith is thought to be a frontrunner for the job of press secretary once Bill De Blasio takes over as New York Mayor
Smith, left, worked on Spitzer's campaign and then jumped over to work for Bill De Blasio after Spitzer lost in the primary. Silda Spitzer, right, was not seen on the campaign trail for her husband
A spokeswoman told the Daily News that 'Lis Smith is a friend of Eliot’s and he holds her in high regard' but would say nothing further.
Miss Smith declined to comment.
Spitzer has been named as a possible presidential candidate before a federal investigation revealed him as 'Client 9' of Emporer's Club VIP, which ran $1,000-an-hour call girls.
Lis Smith, pictured on Sunday at a media event as part of Bill De Blasio's Transition Team, has been having late-night meet-ups with Eliot Spitzer
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Army General Jeffrey Sinclair pleads guilty to having improper relationships with female officers; maintains innocence on sexual assault counts
Sinclair pleaded guilty to having improper relationships with two female Army officersHe also pleaded guilty to adultery for having a sexual relationship with his longtime ...
- Iran blew up Lockerbie jet: Ayatollah used Syrian-based terror group to bomb Pan Am 108 in revenge for attack on airliner
- Homeowner releases video of realtors having sex '10 TIMES' in his property
- Guilt-ridden Petit family killer who said that 'Death would be a welcome relief' found unresponsive in his jail cell
- Man jailed for life after killing little girl, 3, who had just wondered into his yard to play in pool
- Mother left devastated after her daughter, 4, and 11-year-old son are both killed as she drove them to buy a puppy
- Checking the blood pressure in BOTH arms could save your life: Big difference between the readings is an early sign of heart disease
- Community rallies in desperate hunt for girl, 12, who took out the trash and vanished
- Police arrest Polish beggar in Kalisz who tied her exhausted child to a pram
- Chimerex refuses to allow Josh Hardy, 7, access to life-saving Brincidofovir medicine
- First hand glimpse at the horrors of war: Terrifying video from Afghanistan shows exactly what it is like to be struck by an IED