Positive water softener reviews will indicate that the product is of good quality. However, if not properly handled, it can lead to breaking down which does not overwrite its quality.
When installing a water softener, you should ensure that you put it at a flat place which should also be safe thus ensuring that it does not get exposed to any mechanical damage. Best Water Softener are those which help us remove the hardness from the water.
Just like any other product, water softeners have their main problems that can be experienced from time to time. These problems might be a result of poor maintenance or the water being softened containing too much impurities.
The following are the main problems encountered by water softeners:
- Blockages. This is normally a result of accumulated minerals and salt which normally creates a deposit. This is normally experienced at the filter screen and the brine line which makes it hard or even impossible for water to flow through to the tank. As a result, the water softener tends to fail functioning and thus the line should be unblocked. Using vaporized salt can also play a big role in preventing these blockages as they are fully soluble.
- Failed motor. The motor is one of the most essential parts of a water softener. For this reason, it should be functioning properly to ensure that the device runs effectively. However, it may burn due to overloading or faulty connections and thus the water softener will fail. This can either be replaced or have a technician rewind its windings in case it has burned them.
- User error. A water softener operates on manual process which gives room to possible errors which definitely affects its efficiency. This can only be controlled by ensuring that the operator is keener during the input setting process. In case it is the first time to install a water softener, you should consult an expert or read the manual thoroughly. You should always put into consideration that change in settings can easily lead to a faulty softener.
- Failed resin beads. These are only used in the salt based water softeners. They at times tend to fail to work effectively or they can be broken. You can determine broken beads by observing the softened water and if it contains some floating particles, then it is likely that the beads are broken. If they are broken, they should be replaced but in case they are not functioning properly, they should be cleaned as directed by the manufacturer.
- Salt bridges. This is normally a result of salt forming hard piles of deposits at the base of the tank. Formation of a salt bridge can be noted by the softener failing to completely soften the water. It also prevents the system from undergoing a regeneration cycle. Once a salt bridge has been detected, it should be removed for proper functioning of the softener.
Failing to immediately rectify any of these problems can simply lead to breaking down of the entire system where it might call for replacement or repairing cost.