Right now we’re sure that you know the basics about hair follicle drug test, like the fact that it can trace of any drugs that you consumed considerable amounts of in the past 5 to 90 days. Also, that a lot of companies now do standard hair follicle drug tests from time to time. So what else do you need to know? Well there are a number of things, which we’ll discuss with you so just read on ahead.
The clinic technician needs to obtain about 100 milligrams of your hair, which is about 90 to 120 strands; these will be cut at the scalp. Next is to secure the samples inside some foil, they will be the ones to finish all the required information and documentation before sending the said samples to the laboratory.
One of the main reasons why the clinic technicians are the only ones that can extract the samples is to make sure that no substitution can take place; the people tested can’t just simply bring hair samples to the clinic.
- Hair follicle drug tests have a longer look back time of up to 90 days, whereas urine tests only have about a week.
- It can be extremely difficult to cheat this test because the medical technicians will be the ones to extract the samples.
- The overall procedure is far less messy than urine tests.
- A person who has absolutely no hair anywhere in their body can’t be tested.
- A person with bleached hair can provide far less stable results due to the strong chemicals used on their hair.
- Hair color actually contributes to how long or short the look back time is, some studies confirmed that darker hair has a longer look back than lighter hair.